Thursday, February 24, 2011

Miranda Part 1

Had to run and check on Bram..... Used explosives in a confined space and hurt his own self. "Was a mite frustrated for gettin' land locked. Seana wasn't goin' to let me go to Miranda..... Got a message sayin' the ship that took Lily was the 'LILY'. Not sure whether to thank Pepper for that. Not so ready to say anythin' good 'bout the 'liance." Had to fight with the gorram lift to get down into the 'Cellar'. "No sooner I get back from one thing, I end up with havin' to head out again.... Come on the heels of fate. Found a ticket from the 'liance maj.. Pepper. Thats her name. She was expectin' me to come and tell her a bunch of stuff..... all for a little info on Kitten..... From what all she said, Kitten was in some Mindo lab on a burned out world. Somewhere I'd have to go to next."

"She asked me a bunch of questions, so I told her. Told her too 'bout Lily gettin' taken...... Told her we needed some help. 'Specially if we were goin' to head to Miranda...." I had that gut feelin' she was there. After the reaver attack. "Told her we found Lily's Kei floatin' in the asteroid field all damaged. Reaver bodies, blood, and maybe even that Lynx kid. We only found a pic of him and the feed. Dav, Jack and I scoured the ship, but didn't find much.... 'Cept a few bits... and a mess everywhere."

"Then We found somethin' that set my blood runnin' cold. One of Lily's ears...... Cut or torn off int he fightin'. Found some of her claws too. Torn out in the scuffle. She didn't give up. The feed showed her rippin' those reavers up bad."

"was 'bout then I decided to go huntin' for her. Bram, Dav, Cath and I went and searched. Seana gave me the ok to go on my work visa. Didn't need the 'liance questionin' me why I was out of my work zone. But then there was the message from Pepper. The ship what took Lily. Then I knew for sure it was Miranda. Lily's Pa was comin' to get her. But then there was the question of where was the kid. Maybe stowed away. Not sure why. bein' gorram stupid I s'pose. Then Seana land locked the Monster, so that was out for leavin'...... But I did have a few other ships to make use of. Shadow and Dancin' Phoenix were still up and ready to go." Got down to the 'Cellar and heard Bram yellin' for help. Took Jack and me to pry the door open. "Prepped Phoenix and called the crew in. Seems Doc Westminster was there to wish us luck and watch us dust off."
"We got a little surprise before we left though. Some 'laince soldier was askin' questions. Said she has some warrant for the arrest of the school teacher... Not sure why. AuroraBlue was there with Doc Westminster. She was wantin' me to go up into the black. I could see the pic flashin' in my head... That's and Xoxo." We got upstairs to find Bram pretty bloody and bruised. Said he used explosives on the door..."The 'liance soldier handed me an envelope with passes in it. Somethin' to help us get through the stuff we'd find on Miranda. Xoxo told me there was stuff to watch for when we got there."
Bram was goin' on 'bout bein' locked in the office by some woman...."The crew and I took the Phoenix up to Xoxo's ship to get the rest of the info and the equipment to bypass the blockade and the reaver ships. Somethin' she never told anyone 'bout."


Bram's hearin' was bad.. He kept yellin' as he tried to explain what all happened. "After I got the 'piece' installed in our own ship, we headed for Miranda. One of the most restricted planets in the black. Seems Pepper made good on her part for gettin' us through the blockade..... And so did Xoxo's device. We dove hard for the surface to keep any curious reavers from followin'. We landed not far from the entry to the Lab....." Wasn't easy to tend Bram's cuts. Not a doc, I'm a gorram mechanic. Sure I can take care of my own small wounds..... but someone else's? Not a chance. "That lab had Blue Sun logos on the front. Seems they had their hands in the whole reaver PAX thing for a long time...."


"Gettin' in was no easy feat either. We couldn't bypass the glass door. Took all we had for weapons and a good helpin' of explosives to crack it. But once in side it wasn't goin' to be no cake walk either...... trip wires and 'lectric fences, a couple of other traps, and the anti weapon systems. Mindo was one for over doin' it.... Sick sense of humor too." Jai said she had salt to treat Bram with... She thinks it's goin' to help? Hell, salt in wounds is more like a torture then a help. "


"Rita checked for trip wires and had me show her the one we found.... And ended up with myself hangin' upside down. Even the stowaway kid, Frog got caught in a trap. Rita went to check the safe in the corner while I hung 'round...... Yeah, pretty funny. Ha ha. She did find some stuff in the safe. That we can sort out when we get back. Took us a while to figure out the way past the 'lectrified fencin'. That's after a couple of us took shocks that landed us on our backsides. Gorram painful." Once I was sure Bram was fine, I headed back to the ship. Still had to find a missin' kid out there. " The access door to the lifts was sealed. Needed codes to get the door opened. Wasn't too hard to figure it out. but you had to be fast to slip through the door b'fore it resealed. The Lift took us up to the lab..... Or one of the labs in the facility. Yep. Looked like Mindo was workin' in there at one time. His notes and such were all over. Containers and cabinets... Rita got some opened and pulled a bunch of stuff out. Stuff like brain's in a jar, and small body parts.... tissue and the like."
"We moved to the other lab where it was like walkin' back through AuroraBlue's dreams.... But they were all Lily's...... Dreams was what Blue said..... He was there. Damaged or confused. Kept sayin' we. He was soundin' bad...... But he said we needed to save Lily. Said we would. But it was gettin' up there that wasn't goin' to be easy. We were goin' to need all the IDs and info Xoxo gave us to do it."
"The platform to get to the next lab was provin' a mite difficult til we were able to initiate it... or activate it. But what was goin' to happen? That's somethin' of a challenge......"

No comments:

Post a Comment